Facial fine lines and wrinkles often appear as one of the first signs of aging. Botox® Cosmetic is a minimally invasive treatment option for those who wish to reduce the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines and wrinkles on the face.
Who Can Benefit From Botox Cosmetic?
- Ideal candidates for Botox Cosmetic are men and women between the ages of 18-65 who wish to improve signs of aging on their face without surgery.
- Botox Cosmetic can be used to minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles between the eyebrows, reduce forehead creases, and eliminate crow's feet.
- The best candidates will also possess good physical and mental health as well as realistic cosmetic expectations.
- During your consultation, Dr. Krugman will be able to determine if Botox Cosmetic is the best treatment option available for your cosmetic goals.
Botox Cosmetic In Orange County: What to Expect
- Botox Cosmetic treatment can be completed in as little as 15 minutes and is often referred to as a "lunchtime" facial rejuvenation procedure.
- Dr. Krugman will determine the correct amount of Botox needed to reach your cosmetic goals. Then using a fine needle, he will inject the product into predetermined treatment areas.
- Once injected, Botox Cosmetic works by blocking the nerve impulses in the treatment area that are responsible for muscle contraction. When the muscles are no longer able to contract, the treatment area appears smoother and softer.
What Happens After Botox Cosmetic?
- There is no downtime required following Botox injections. You can resume normal physical and social activities right away. Makeup can also be applied immediately.
- Side effects associated with Botox Cosmetic are infrequent and generally mild. You may experience some swelling, pain or redness at the injection site.
- Following treatment, you may notice some immediate improvements. However, the final results of your treatment will appear gradually over the course of 14 days.
- Botox Cosmetic is not a permanent facial rejuvenation procedure. Results typically last for up to four months. Routine touch-ups will be necessary to prolong the anti-aging benefits of Botox Cosmetic.
Alternatives to Botox Cosmetic
- Injectable fillers such as Restylane®, Juvederm® and Sculptra® may be used to minimize wrinkles. However, these products do not paralyze muscle contractions like Botox Cosmetic. Instead, they fill in facial depressions and wrinkles by restoring facial volume.
- Conventional surgical techniques may be an effective alternative. These include a face lift, brow lift, eye lift or laser resurfacing combined with injectable fillers.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Mark E. Krugman is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving the Tustin/Santa Ana area and Orange County. If you are interested in setting up a consultation for Botox Cosmetic with Dr. Krugman, please call our office at 714-972-1811.