Endoscopic procedures are a modern approach to the popular and effective brow lift procedure. The use of an endoscope allows for smaller, more hidden incisions. The brow lift can minimize the appearance of forehead wrinkles and those around the eyebrows.
Who Can Benefit From Endoscopic Brow Lift?
- Anyone with a sagging or low eyebrow position.
- Men or women with deep horizontal forehead creases.
- Those with lines between the eyebrows or on the top of the nose.
- If you have a permanently sad or tired appearance due to brow drooping.
Endoscopic Brow Lift in Orange County: What to Expect
- Dr. Krugman will discuss your goals with you during the initial consultation. Your face will be thoroughly examined to determine the best surgical approach. Markings may be made in various areas of the face as surgical guides.
- You will be given anesthetic for additional comfort during the procedure. This may include a general anesthetic or a local anesthetic combined with intravenous sedation. You will discuss your options during the consultation.
- Very small incisions are made within the hairline near the front of the scalp. These incisions will be made in such a way that they are completely hidden by your hair. They may be spaced at various positions on the hairline based on the targeted areas.
- An endoscope is inserted into the incisions, and the skin is undermined at various levels. Muscles may be adjusted to relax the eyebrows. The skin and tissue layers are fixed in place and the incisions are closed.
What Happens After Endoscopic Brow Lift?
- The face may be wrapped with a bandage to protect the incisions and control swelling. Drains are used to remove excess fluid that may accumulate. Ice packs and elevation may be helpful in limiting swelling.
- Discomfort is minimized with an endoscopic procedure, but it may be controlled with medication. Some swelling may occur, which should resolve during the first few weeks. Bruising may also occur, but should disappear within two weeks.
- After about one week, the stitches may be removed. Normal activities may be resumed at this point with some caution. Strenuous activities may be resumed in a few weeks.
- It may take several months for the final results to be reached. Incision lines will continue to fade for up to a year, and should be hidden in the hairline.
Alternatives to Endoscopic Brow Lift
- A traditional brow lift may also be performed in situations requiring greater adjustment. Minimally invasive traditional brow lifts may also be performed with reduced incision sizes.
- For more widespread facial aging, a full face lift may be an excellent alternative. This will treat signs of aging for the upper and lower face as well as the neck.
- Eyelid surgery may also be performed to address concerns around the eyes specifically. This will not affect the brow itself, but can treat wrinkles and lines in the corners of the eyes.
Schedule Your Consultation
Your initial consultation with Dr. Krugman will cover a range of topics. All possible complications and your medical history will be discussed in detail. Please call 714‐972‐1811 to schedule a consultation. Our office is located in the Tustin/Santa Ana area at 720 N. Tustin Ave., Suite 202, Santa Ana, CA 92705.