The face is the most visible area of your body and often the first to show signs of aging. A face lift minimizes or reverses these aging signs and gives you a more youthful appearance. Face lifts are highly popular procedures for treating wrinkles, lines and excess skin.
Who Can Benefit from a Face Lift?
- Men and women with facial wrinkles, lines and folds.
- Anyone with excess fat tissue and facial or neck skin.
- Patients with facial drooping or sagging that affects their expression.
- Those who believe that their face displays an older age than they feel.
Face Lifts in Orange County: What to Expect
- In your consultation with Dr. Krugman, you will discuss in detail your goals for the procedure. Your face will be examined thoroughly and may be marked for surgery.
- You will be made comfortable with general anesthetic or intravenous sedation and local anesthetic. This helps guarantee your comfort during the procedure.
- Incisions are generally made around the ear, and may reach up into the hairline. Various other incision locations may be used for face lifts of varying scope.
- Deep layers of muscle are adjusted and tightened into new positions. Liposuction may be used to remove fat deposits. Excess tissue and skin are removed and the skin is tightened into place. The tissue and skin are secured in their new positions at each level with fine sutures.
What Happens After a Face Lift?
- Bandages and drains may be applied immediately after the procedure. These are often removed in a few days. Elevation and ice packs are often recommended to minimize swelling.
- Some discomfort may occur immediately, which can be managed with medications. Swelling is also common, but the majority of swelling should resolve in a few days. Bruising may occur, and should dissipate in a few weeks.
- The stitches may typically be removed after the first week. Normal activities may be resumed at this time. Intense activity should be avoided for a few weeks to prevent bleeding and accidental damage to the incisions.
- The face should be protected from direct exposure to sunlight for up to six months. Cigarette smoke should also be avoided during this time for proper healing.
Alternatives to a Face Lift
- Face lifts may be performed in a variety of intensities to target specific areas. Minimal procedures may be performed using an endoscope and smaller incisions. The procedure may also be performed to specifically target the neck, upper face or lower face.
- A brow lift may be a good alternative to a face lift, particularly if your concerns relate to the upper part of the face. This procedure tightens and firms the face from the eyes up. It may be combined with eyelid surgery as well.
- A neck lift may also be performed instead of a full face lift. This treats the neck specifically, and may be an effective treatment of jowls, double chins or a turkey wattle.
Schedule Your Consultation
During your consultation with Dr. Krugman, you will discuss all potential complications. You may also view past patient photos and have any concerns personally addressed. Call 714‐972‐1811 to schedule a consultation. Our office is located in the Tustin/Santa Ana area at 720 N. Tustin Ave., Suite 202, Santa Ana, CA 92705.