As we age, skin damage can obscure a once youthful-looking complexion. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photo Facial rejuvenation is a cosmetic procedure which can dramatically improve the appearance of your skin. Using high intensity light, IPL treatments can restore the skin's youthful appearance without destroying or disrupting the skin's epidermal surface.
Who Can Benefit From an IPL Photo Facial?
- People with a light-to-medium complexion seeking non-invasive facial rejuvenation may benefit from IPL Photo Facial treatments.
- IPL Photo Facial is designed to treat a wide range of skin imperfections such as age spots, broken capillaries, hyperpigmentation, freckles and rosacea.
- As a general rule, the best candidates will possess good overall physical and mental health, along with realistic cosmetic expectations.
- Following a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Krugman, he will be able to determine if an IPL Photo Facial is an ideal treatment for your cosmetic goals.
IPL Photo Facial In Orange County: What to Expect
- The length of your treatment session will depend on the size of the treatment area. A full-face IPL treatment is usually completed in about 30 minutes.
- Prior to your IPL Photo Facial, your face will be cleansed and a cooling gel will be applied to calm your skin during treatment.
- Using a small hand piece, Dr. Krugman will deliver low-energy light in a series of pulses to your skin. The energy produced will be selectively absorbed by the pigmented and red areas your skin.
What Happens After an IPL Photo Facial?
- There is no downtime associated with an IPL Photo Facial. You should be able to resume most normal activities immediately. Your skin may appear slightly flushed for 3-4 hours.
- During the first few days of recovery, the targeted treatment areas will darken as they are pulled from the skin's surface. These areas will fade and flake off over the course of 1-3 weeks.
- Many patients see visible improvements after two weeks. Full results may take up to a month or more.
- To achieve optimal results, more than one treatment session may be necessary. Most patients benefit from a series of 5-8 treatments sessions.
Alternatives to IPL Photo Facial
- It is important to understand that there are alternative treatments which may offer similar benefits to an IPL Photo Facial. During your consultation with Dr. Krugman, he will work with you to determine which option is best for you.
- Chemical peels, skin resurfacing and other laser treatments such as Pro-Fractional Laser may provide significant improvements to damaged skin.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Mark E. Krugman is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving the Tustin/Santa Ana area and Orange County. If you are interested in setting up a consultation for an IPL Photo Facial with Dr. Krugman, please call our office at 714-972-1811.