If you're bothered by deep facial wrinkles or folds, Juvederm® can help. Juvederm® is an FDA-approved injectable filler used correct moderate to severe signs of facial aging by boosting skin elasticity and hydration.
Who Can Benefit From Juvederm
- Men and women seeking non-invasive facial rejuvenation may benefit from Juvederm treatments. Following a one-on-one consultation, Dr. Krugman will be able to determine if Juvederm is right for you.
- Marionette lines (wrinkles around the corners of the mouth), thin lips and hollow cheeks can all be corrected with Juvederm treatments.
- Juvederm is not recommended for people with active skin infections or those who have experienced a previous allergic reaction to any of the ingredients in Juvederm.
- The best candidates for Juvederm treatments will possess good overall physical and emotional health as well as realistic cosmetic expectations.
Juvederm In Orange County: What to Expect
- Prior to treatment, your face will be cleansed with an antiseptic. If you are particularly uncomfortable with injection pain, a numbing agent may be applied to the treatment areas.
- Using a fine needle, Dr. Krugman will carefully inject Juvederm beneath your skin at pre-discussed treatment sites.
- Once injected, Juvederm works by replacing the depleted supplies of hyaluronic acid beneath your skin. Only one treatment is needed for noticeable improvement.
What Happens After Juvederm?
- Immediately following treatment, your skin may feel fuller than normal. You may also experience some temporary swelling or redness.
- There is no downtime required following treatment and you may resume your normal daily routine right away.
- Dr. Krugman may recommend that you abstain from alcoholic beverages or strenuous exercise during the evening following your procedure
- Juvederm will eventually be metabolized by your body, but the results of treatment can last for up to one year. Touch-up treatments will be needed to maintain results.
Alternatives to Juvederm
- Other facial fillers such as Restylane® may produce similar results to Juvederm. The best facial filler for you will depend on your skin type and desired treatment area.
- Surgical procedures such as a face or neck lift may serve as a permanent solution for those seeking facial rejuvenation.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Mark E. Krugman is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving the Tustin/Santa Ana area and Orange County. If you are interested in setting up a consultation for Juvederm with Dr. Krugman, please call our office at 714-972-1811.