Laser technology has drastically changed the way plastic surgeons treat various skin imperfections. We pride ourselves on remaining at the forefront of these technologies and currently offer several laser treatment options to patients residing in Southern California.
Who Can Benefit From Laser Treatments?Laser treatments are designed to improve the overall appearance of your skin. We currently specialize the following laser treatments:
- Profractional Laser – a facial rejuvenation procedure designed to minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging. Profractional laser works by stimulating collagen production deep beneath the surface of the skin.
- Laser Hair Removal – a minimally invasive procedure used to remove large or small areas of unwanted body hair. The results of laser hair removal are long-lasting.
- IPL Photo Facial – a cosmetic procedure used to reduce the appearance of skin damage. Age spots, freckles, broken capillaries and rosacea can all be resolved with IPL photo facial treatments.
Laser Treatments In Orange County: What to Expect
- Prior to any laser treatment, your skin will be thoroughly cleansed. A topical numbing agent may be applied to the treatment area to minimize discomfort during your procedure.
- Using a handheld laser device, Dr. Krugman will apply energy to the treatment areas. You may feel a slight stinging sensation during this process.
- Following treatment, cold compresses or soothing ointments may be applied to minimize discomfort.
What Happens After Laser Treatment?
- Immediately following treatment, your skin may appear slightly red or swollen. It is important to protect your skin from excessive sun exposure during this initial phase of healing.
- In general, there is no downtime associated with laser treatments. Most patients are capable of resuming normal activities right away.
- Immediate improvements may be noticeable following your laser treatment. Final results will gradually appear over the course of several weeks.
- More than one treatment may be necessary to achieve optimal results with laser treatment. Additionally, the results may not be permanent. Touch-up procedures may be required in the future to maintain results.
Alternatives to Laser Treatments
- It is important to discuss surgical and non-surgical alternatives to laser treatment with Dr. Krugman prior to your procedure. There may be several alternative options available, depending on your cosmetic goals.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Mark E. Krugman is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving the Tustin/Santa Ana area and Orange County. If you are interested in setting up a consultation for laser treatments with Dr. Krugman, please call our office at 714-972-1811.