A rhinoplasty may be tailored to address any concerns you may have with your nose. The procedure can bring better facial balance and symmetry. This may help accent your other facial features.
Who Can Benefit from Rhinoplasty?
- Anyone who is self-conscious about the size or shape of their nose.
- Men or women with noses that are not in proportion to the rest of their face.
- Those with noses that contain bumps, large nostrils or enlarged tips.
- Patients with previously damaged noses or medical nasal conditions.
Rhinoplasty in Orange County: What to Expect
- During the consultation, Dr. Krugman will thoroughly discuss the goals you have for your nose. Your nose will be examined in detail along with your medical history. Your personal surgical plan will be established and markings may be made on the nose.
- Your procedure may be performed under general or local anesthetic. This decision will be discussed during your consultation and is based on a number of personal factors.
- A range of surgical techniques may be employed during a rhinoplasty. Typically, the incisions are hidden within the interior of the nose. When necessary, external incisions are made within the natural lines of the nose.
- An open rhinoplasty may be necessary, in which an incision is made on the tissue separating the nostrils. From the incisions, excess tissue and skin may be removed, and the shape of the nose altered. Nasal implants or grafts may also be used to provide stability.
What Happens After Rhinoplasty?
- Once the incisions are closed, bandages are applied to the area. The nostrils may be packed with gauze or soft splints for stability. Triangular bandages below the nasal tip may be required. A splint may be put in place on top of the nasal bridge for protection and security.
- Some swelling and discomfort may occur immediately following the procedure. Most swelling and bruising typically resolves within a few days. Minor swelling may persist for several months.
- Stitches may often be removed after about one week. In most cases, normal activities may be resumed at this time. The nose should be protected from impact and sun exposure for several months. It may be necessary to add support to glasses for the first few weeks.
Alternatives to Rhinoplasty
- In some cases, chin augmentation may provide the best result. With an increased and more prominent chin, the nose may seem more proportional. This procedure may also be performed in conjunction with your rhinoplasty.
- Other facial features may also be augmented to improve facial harmony. This may include cheek augmentation or the use of injectable fillers at various locations on the face.
Schedule Your Consultation
Your initial consultation with Dr. Krugman will include all potential complications of your rhinoplasty. You will also review past patient photos and discuss any financial or medical information. Call 714‐972‐1811 to schedule a consultation. Our office is located in the Tustin/Santa Ana area at 720 N. Tustin Ave., Suite 202, Santa Ana, CA 92705.