As we get older, collagen production beneath our skin begins to slow. This process results in unwanted fine lines and wrinkles. Profractional laser is a resurfacing technique that replenishes the body's own natural collagen in as little as one treatment, resulting in tighter, rejuvenated skin.
Who Can Benefit From Profractional Laser?
- Profractional laser treatments are ideal for people who wish to rejuvenate their appearance through minimally invasive, non-surgical methods.
- Fine lines, wrinkles, rough skin texture, scarring and loose skin can all be effectively treated with Profractional laser. All skin types are receptive to treatment.
- Those who have active skin infections or lesions may not be good candidates for treatment.
- As a general rule, candidates should possess good physical and mental health, as well as realistic expectations prior to undergoing any cosmetic procedure.
Profractional Laser In Orange County: What to Expect
- Profractional laser is an outpatient treatment. Sessions lengths vary, but the entire procedure is generally completed in 20-30 minutes.
- Prior to treatment, your face will be cleansed. A numbing agent will then be applied to the treatment areas for 30 minutes to minimize any potential discomfort.
- Using a laser hand piece, Dr. Krugman will apply energy to the treatment areas. Tiny laser beams will penetrate thousands of pinpoint areas on your skin, leaving the vast majority untouched.
- Immediately following treatment, cold compresses and a soothing ointment will be placed on the treatment areas to minimize swelling and discomfort.
What Happens After Profractional Laser?
- There is no downtime associated with treatment, however, your skin will be sensitive for a few days. It is important to avoid prolonged sun exposure and makeup application during your immediate recovery phase.
- Following Profractional laser, the surrounding untreated tissue will then begin to rapidly heal around the treatment area, stimulating new collagen production.
- The tightening results of treatment will be immediately noticeable, but final results may take up to six months to be visible.
Alternatives to Profractional Laser
- There are several surgical and non-surgical treatment alternatives to Profractional laser. Dr. Krugman will discuss these options with you during your consultation.
- Surgical alternatives may include a face lift, neck lift or brow lift.
- Non-surgical alternatives may include injectable facial fillers such as Sculptra®, which is designed to increase collagen production.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Mark E. Krugman is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving the Tustin/Santa Ana area and Orange County. If you are interested in setting up a consultation for Profractional laser treatments with Dr. Krugman, please call our office at 714-972-1811.