Restylane® is a safe and natural cosmetic filler containing non-animal-based hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body which provides volume and fullness to the skin. Restylane can be used to correct a wide range of facial wrinkles and folds, especially near the nose and mouth.
Who Can Benefit From Restylane?
- Those who wish to combat signs of aging without surgical intervention may benefit from Restylane treatments.
- Restylane can be used to correct wrinkles and folds throughout the face. It is also used to restore volume and fullness to the cheeks and under eye areas.
- Patients hoping to diminish the appearance of facial scars or enhance lip size may also benefit from Restylane treatments.
- Ideal candidates will possess good physical and mental health as well as realistic aesthetic goals and expectations.
Restylane In Orange County: What to Expect
- One of the key advantages of Restylane is that treatment can be completed in a matter of minutes. Most treatments range from 5-30 minutes, depending on the areas being treated.
- Prior to your procedure, your face will be cleansed with an antiseptic to reduce your risk of infection.
- Restylane injections are performed using a very fine needle. Treatment is not typically painful because Restylane contains lidocaine, a mild local anesthetic.
What Happens After Restylane?
- Immediately following treatment, you may experience some minor swelling or redness at the injection site. You should be be able to resume normal activities right away.
- Once injected, Restylane works by imitating the depleted supply of hyaluronic acid in your skin. This results in a smoother, younger appearance.
- Results will be fully evident within one week. Most patients experience results that last between 4-12 months.
- Over time, Restylane will be absorbed by the body. In order to maintain the anti-aging benefits, you will need to undergo routine maintenance treatments.
Alternatives to Restylane
- Juvederm® is a hyaluronic acid filler similar to Restylane, but results may last longer. Dr. Krugman will be able to determine which treatment is best for you based on your specific cosmetic goals.
- A surgical face or neck lift may serve as an alternative to Restylane. These procedures provide permanent results, but require significantly more downtime as well as an increased risk of complications.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Mark E. Krugman is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving the Tustin/Santa Ana area and Orange County. If you are interested in setting up a consultation for Restylane with Dr. Krugman, please call our office at 714-972-1811.