As we age, our body’s natural collagen production begins to break down. The result is a loss of facial volume and the formation of wrinkles, folds and fine lines. Fortunately, we now have Sculptra®. Sculptra is an injectable facial filler designed to counteract this natural process.
Who Can Benefit From Sculptra?
- Sculptra is ideal for men and women who are seeking long-lasting facial contouring and wrinkle treatment.
- Sunken cheeks, nasolabial folds (deep folds between the nose and mouth), marionette lines (folds around the corners of the mouth), as well as facial depressions or contour deficiencies can be treated with Sculptra injections.
- Sculptra is not ideal for people who have an active skin infection or for those who have had a previous allergic reaction to any of the ingredients in Sculptra.
- The best candidates will possess good overall physical and psychological health, along with realistic cosmetic expectations.
Sculptra In Orange County: What to Expect
- Sculptra differs from other dermal fillers because results are optimized over a series of treatment sessions. The best results are typically achieved after 2-5 treatments.
- Prior to your treatment, your face will be cleansed with an antiseptic. A local anesthetic or numbing agent may be applied to minimize discomfort.
- Sculptra will be injected beneath the surface of the skin at pre-discussed locations using a fine needle.
- Following injection, the treatment area will be gently massaged to ensure even distribution of Sculptra.
What Happens After Sculptra?
- Immediately following treatment, Dr. Krugman may place an ice pack on the treatment area. This will decrease the likelihood of swelling.
- There is no downtime associated with Sculptra treatments. You will be capable of resuming normal physical and social routines right away.
- Side effects associated with Sculptra are almost always temporary. You may experience some redness, swelling or bruising at the injection site.
- Results will occur gradually, as collagen production increases beneath the surface of the skin. More than one treatment may be necessary for noticeable improvements. Final results may last for up to two years.
Alternatives to Sculptra
- Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane® or Juvederm® also work to replace lost volume beneath the surface of the skin. However, results may not be as long lasting as Sculptra.
- A face or neck lift, may be an effective alternative solution for those seeking a significant and permanent solution to facial folds and wrinkles.
- Radiesse® is similar to Sculptra because it acts as both a filler and collagen stimulator to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Mark E. Krugman is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving the Tustin/Santa Ana area and Orange County. If you are interested in setting up a consultation for Sculptra with Dr. Krugman, please call our office at 714-972-1811.